Since 1975, KOTO has provided the Telluride region with high-quality, commercial-free, non-underwritten community radio. Listener-supported KOTO’s radio mission is to entertain, educate, and inform while reflecting the needs, desires, and diversity of our community.
Created by visionaries, staffed by dedicated professionals, fueled by enthusiastic volunteers and supported by listener donations, KOTO is a crucial local institution. KOTO is governed by the San Miguel Educational Fund.
- Our volunteer DJs provide unique, free form music programming & more.
- Dedicated news professionals provide regular regional news coverage.
- Fund-raising events and concerts involve and reward our community.
- Locally produced talk shows and open access schedule slots provide public access to the airwaves.
- Frequent on-air announcements and regular features provide a valuable community service.
- Live coverage & broadcasts keep our audience informed of emergencies.
The San Miguel Educational Fund – KOTO is an equal opportunity employer. Discrimination against any person, employee or potential employee in recruitment, examination, appointment, training, promotion, retention, discipline, or any other aspect of personnel administration because of political affiliation, race, color, natural origin, sex, age, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, religious creed, physical or mental handicap or disability is prohibited except where qualifications constitute a bona fide occupational requirement. All KOTO/SMEF hiring, transfer and promotional practices shall conform to the guidelines of the Equal Opportunity Employment Act.